Sunday, August 15, 2010

Yeah that's right.. I ran in Yankee stadium. That was a tough course. We had a lot of stairs to climb within those 3 miles but it was worth it. Even if you're not a Yankees fan, it's a cool experience. I was in awe the entire time. Especially when we immersed onto the field. As if we were players running on the field. They didn't let us on the grass obviously but I don't know I can't even describe this feeling right now. I had a little trouble with my feet going numb but no big deal.. the spirit of Yankees stadium kept me going. Having our family there to cheer us on was awesome. They're so supportive.
As a Yankees fan, this was one of the greatest days of my life. I will definitely never forget this feeling. We even got a medal :)
Well another 5K down.. maybe a 10K one day. I hope to run a marathon with my Daddy one day but I'm going to be honest. I don't think I have that type of motivation. I would love to but I don't know. Maybe.. A girl can dream right?


Those stairs killed me. I made friends with that lady next to me.

On the big screen in the stadium
Us on the warning track. Of course we had to take a picture. The family took this from the stands. Came out pretty nice and close
Run run run
Started on the lower level.. ran around that twice then went onto the warning track on the field for two laps then upstairs to the top level then all the way back down then ALL THE WAY UP AGAIN.. then to the finish. Felt like 10 miles but hey.. whatever maybe they were off in measuring.