Saturday, April 30, 2011

Speaking of shows..


If you really know me, you know that I’m really quiet, ordering a pizza is a struggle for me and I’m terrified of putting myself out there.

I’m really proud of myself for making sure I’m pursuing my dreams of being a stage manager. The problem with Columbia is you can get your degree without ever working on a show. You have to put yourself out there in order to get to work on shows. I’ve worked on a show every semester I’ve been here because I spoke up. Speaking up for me is hard. Even around my family. Seriously. I’m one of the shyest people you might ever meet. Because I’ve done that, now I’m going to have my own main stage next year. I’ve become good at my job because I’ve acquired experience.

Wow TWO posts from me.. That means I probably wont update this thing for twice as long next time :)

2 comments:

Ali and Ty said...

GO ALYSON GO! I'm proud of you!

A

Julie said...

Congratulations Alyson! That is awesome! No one else will take care of you….you have to do it yourself and you did it!